Outline: Responsible for the management of all aspects of the training / learning process for adults within the district (including appropriate training, support structures and personnel to achieve this),
Responsible to: Area Training Manager (BSO)
Training Administrators, Training Advisers and Trainers.
District Commissioners(BSO), the Adult Support office at Gilwell Park, , Area Training Administrators, Local Training Administrators, Training Advisers, Area Safeguarding Awareness Co-ordinator,
Must successfully complete the appointment process (including acceptable personal enquiries and acceptance of The Scout Association’s policies). During the five months of Provisional Appointment the relevant Getting Started modules must be completed. A Wood Badge including the role specific modules 30, 33 and 34 must be completed within three years of Full Appointment, and ongoing safeguarding and safety training.
- Act as line manager for Training Advisers.
- Work with the Area Training Manager to determine, review, and maintain the appropriate vision and structure for training and support of learning opportunities within the Area
- Implement the Area training strategy in line with the principles of The Scout Association’s Adult Training Scheme.
- Plan, provide and ensure the delivery of a high quality ,flexible learning provision in the district so that all adults in Scouting completing a Personal Learning Plan have access to the suitable learning and alternative opportunities.
- To liaise with the Area Training Manager on training content and courses planned.
- Ensure that all those involved in the delivery and administration of training have effective line management either directly or by the Area Training Manager or by others (including recruitment, induction, support and appointment reviews).
- Ensure that robust systems are in place to liaise with District / Area Appointments sub-Committees to receive notification of new appointments and ensure that these individuals are assigned a Training Adviser.
- Ensure that people assisting and involved in the learning provision are suitably qualified and effective.
- Ensure that administration relevant to learning / training is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Any other specific tasks agreed with the Area Training Manager BSO.
Feel like joining the team? Apply online through our LinkedIn or Facebook advert or email email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself. Please note, this is a volunteer role.