We have exciting opportunities for those with a passion for training, supporting and mentoring adults to join our Training Team. With a need to expand the Training Advisor pool across BSO (across the globe), this is a wonderful chance to get invovled and make a difference in supporting our volunteer team
The Training Adviser is responsible for supporting and assessing learners through their training up to he award of the Wood Badge. Additional training and support is available for those applying for this role.
- Brief new participants about the Adult Training Scheme.
- Create a Personal Learning Plan with each learner.
- Validate modules for learners as appropriate (some Modules may be validated by other people).
- Meet regularly with each learner to support and encourage the individual; review progress of the Personal Learning Plan; and plan actions to work toward the completion of the Personal Learning Plan.
- Review and validate completed Personal Learning Plans and inform the District Training Manager or Local Training Manager so that the Wood Badge may be recommended to Headquarters.
- Meet with other Training Advisers and the Area Training Manager or Local Training Manager to discuss progress; consider items of concern and issues; keep informed of the local training
opportunities; and make plans for developing the support offered to individuals by Training Advisers.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time and workload management skills
- Training experience is a plus
- Willing to provide support through online methods and on different time zones
Must successfully complete the Appointment Process, which includes acceptance of The Scout Association Policies and clearance for suitability to work with Young People. Training Requirements
Must complete Module 1 within five months of full appointment and have module 25 Assessing Learning completed with the Area Training Manager. This training gives a grounding in your role in Scouting as a lay member. Much of this can be completed on-line through a Training Adviser.
Application Method Feel like joining the team? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about you and what makes you a suitable person for the role.
Looking forward to hearing from you!