If you’re a member of British Scouting Overseas (BSO), then join us along with more than 6,000 Guides and Scouts from around the world at WINGS 2020.
At this time, we are only seeking expressions of interest. Please complete the no-obligation, expression of interest form which is linked at the end of this page.
This camp follows on from our previous fantastic BSO camps at Poacher 2017 (Lincolnshire), Chamboree 2018 (Cheshire) and Haarlem 2019 (Holland). At the end of Chamboree 2018, our members voted overwhelmingly to attend WINGS 2020 because of the awesome programme and how easy it is to get there from overseas. This camp will very likely be the biggest and best camp we’ve ever attended and we are expecting (and want to see) a record number of BSO campers!
What is WINGS 2020?
- WINGS is a special international jamboree for Guides and Scouts from all around the world.
- It is based in Windsor Great Park which is the Queen’s back garden!
- In 2014, WINGS hosted 7,000 people from 41 countries.
- Anyone attending will have fun, will be challenged, will have adventures and make new lasting friendships
- More information on the official website: wings2020.org.uk
- Official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wings2020/
Where is WINGS 2020?
- WINGS is held in the grounds of Windsor Great Park, close to Windsor, Berkshire
- Over 4,800 acres with a Royal history spanning over 1,000 years. See historical monuments, ancient forests and stunning horticultural displays, as well as rare wildlife and plants. Website: http://www.windsorgreatpark.co.uk
- Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/Q1DsXq9yPx72
When is WINGS 2020?
Saturday 25th July to Saturday 1st August, 2020
Why attend WINGS 2020?
- Daytime programme: The programme isn’t confirmed but in 2014 Scouts and Explorers enjoyed trying out a huge variety of activities including: abseiling, high ropes, climbing, wet and dry caving, parkour, day hike (and shopping!) in Windsor, mop hockey, bungee trampolines, archery, rifle shooting, circus skills, kayaking, dragon boating, water zorbs, screen-printing, fire-lighting, trek cart racing, cooking, badge-swapping – the list was near endless!!
- Throughout the week Scouts and Explorers achieved various tasks and daily challenges that earned them the ‘Windsor Award’ (which can be worn on their uniforms). They also completed tasks that will count towards the Outdoor Challenge and Global Challenge Award badges.
- Evening programme: The evening entertainment in 2014 was varied and spectacular with talent contests as well as mad scientist, pirate and neon themed parties with live DJ’s and bands, lasers, mocktails, popcorn and candyfloss!
- Please see this short, 4.5 minute Youtube video showing Cardiff Scout’s adventures at WINGS 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCMplnDwXmE
Here’s some feedback from WINGS 2014:
- Loved Wings – Best UK jamboree we’ve been to (Leader from Devon)
- ‘WINGS was a fantabulous experience – all of us learned a lot from it.’ (Scout from Berkshire)
- ‘We had lots of fun and met lots of new people from many different countries.’ (Scout from Berkshire)
- ‘We all made friends we will never forget!’ (Scout from Berkshire)
- ‘As well as new people there were new experiences and new activities. In each of the zones everyone learnt something different or tried a skill that they had never done before. We all had something to take away with us (including great memories)!’ (Scout from Berkshire)
- ‘I liked the experience of meeting new people!’ (Scout from Berkshire)
- ‘WINGS 2014 was amazing, I loved it. The activities were amazing.’ (Scout from Berkshire)
Who can go to WINGS 2020?
- Any BSO members aged 10-17 (on 25th July 2020) can join us even if their normal adult leader(s) cannot attend. i.e. there is NO NEED for a participant’s leader to attend WINGS 2020 (but they would be very welcome!). Our young members will be looked after by a friendly team of trained and experienced adult Leaders from BSO Scout Groups across the world.
- Adult members aged 18+: We need adult Leaders to assist with the BSO contingent. Adults must have a BSO role and full Scouting DBS. Due to safeguarding rules, no other adults will be allowed to stay on the camp (including parents).
- We want BSO Scout Groups to attend in their own right and hopefully camp adjacent to us and other BSO Groups as part of the overall BSO contingent. We will endeavour to provide support to you where possible. Please register an interest (see below) if your Group is considering attending in case your members book direct with us.
Transport to/from WINGS 2020?
- Independent Travel
Parents may drop participants off at the campsite on the afternoon of Saturday 27th July
- Windsor train stations
Meet and pickup at the local Windsor & Eton Riverside or Windsor & Eton Central train stations. 10 minutes drive to camp
- Heathrow airport
Windsor is only 20 minutes drive to Windsor. We will operate a meet and greet at Heathrow Airport for non-accompanied Scouts/Explorers
How much is WINGS 2020?
- Scouts/Explorers 10-17yrs £325
- Leader / Adult (18yrs +) £100
- Young Leader (14-17yrs) £100
All fees include food and activities.
Leader and Young leader costs does not include activities. Any Leader or Young Leader wishing to take part in the activities will have to pay the Full Participant Fee
How do I register an interest?
- We expect this amazing camp to be extremely popular
- We do not currently know what our participant limit will be but places will be offered first to anyone who has registered an interest
Young people and adults should register a no-obligation, expression of interest by clicking here.
Scout Groups/Explorer Units should register a no-obligation expression of interest by clicking here.
We will contact you to formally register your son/daughter within the BSO WINGS 2020 Contingent when registration opens