OFFICIAL REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED. YOU CAN STILL REGISTER AS WE MAY STILL BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE EXTRA PEOPLE, BUT WE CAN NO LONGER GUARANTEE A PLACE.
IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED BUT DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON TOTAL AMAZINGNESS, FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU.
Get ready for the poshest (and most fun!) international Scout camp in the UK… Join the British Scouting Overseas (BSO) Contingent at Wings 2020, 25th July to 1st August 2012 fr 7-days packed full of fun, freedom, and adventure next door to the Queen’s house in Windsor, UK. There will be an exciting program of activities including climbing, archery, caving and getting to know other young people from more than twenty countries.
BSO have had 3 fantastically successful years of taking our Scouts and Explorers from all 4 Districts of BSO Area, all over the world in fact, to Poacher 2017, Chamboree 2018 and Haarlem Jamborette 2019!
To build on this success, we are aiming to take our largest ever Contingent to Wings 2020, in anticipation of over 200 Scouts and Explorers plus a large supporting adult team.
What is WINGS2020?
WINGS is an international jamboree bringing together Girl Guiding and Scouting from all around the world;
- This is the 6th WINGS jamboree, each year growing bigger in size, the last one in 2014, hosted 7,000 people from 41 countries
- Camping out in the Queen’s back garden within the Windsor Great Park in Berkshire
Find more information at:
Where & When is WINGS 2020?
- Windsor Great Park, close to Windsor, Berkshire
- Saturday 25th July to Saturday 1st August, 2020
- The opportunity to see, explore and discover over 4,800 acres of land, ancient forests, wildlife and plants, along with historical monuments and Royal history spanning over 1,000 years. Website:
- Google map
Camping and activities are held in the royal deer park next to the famous “Long Walk” within the Windsor Great Park and observed by Her Majesty, when at home in Windsor Castle of course!
Who can go to WINGS 2020?
- All British Scouting Overseas members aged 10-17 (on 25th July 2020) can join us even if their normal adult leader(s) cannot attend. i.e. there is NO NEED for a participant’s leader to attend WINGS 2020 (but they would be very welcome!).
- All of our young members are well taken care of by a friendly team of trained and experienced adult Leaders from BSO Scout Groups across the world.
- Network members aged 18+ including those who recently finished Explorers, are welcome to attend if their DBS has been cleared and a number issued.
- Adult leaders aged 18+ are needed to assist with all aspects of delivery of the BSO contingent. There are a number of ways of participating as a leader which are outlined in the additional information for adults at the end of this text. Transport to and from WINGS 2020?
- Independent Travel: Parents may drop participants off at the campsite on the afternoon of Saturday 27th July
- Windsor Train Stations: This is a 10 minute taxi ride to the site. More details will follow.
- Heathrow Airport: The Great Windsor Park is approximately 20 minutes by car to Windsor. As previous years, we will operate a pre-arranged “Meet and Greet” at Heathrow Airport for unaccompanied Scouts and Explorers
How much is WINGS 2020?
- Scouts/Explorers 10-17yrs £375
- Leader (18yrs +) Depends on role. See information for leaders, below. All fees include food and activities.
How do I Register?
- Click here to register and confirm attendance
- First Payment of £200 is due by end September (£50 for leaders)
- Second Payment of £175 is due by end of February.
We will be sending out further information regularly, during the run up to WINGS 2020 from the New Year we will be running web based information sessions and Q&A meetings to keep you up to date.
Watch the video from the last Wings event
Additional Information for Leaders
ALL Adults must have a BSO role and full Scouting DBS. Due to safeguarding rules, no other adults will be allowed to stay on the camp (including parents).
There are three possible roles for Leaders. All BSO leaders will camp together. The price for leaders will vary from £50 to £150 depending on role. Roles will be allocated once all leaders have applied.
BSO Central Contingent Leadership team (25 to 30 people)
We will select a Leadership team, where specific leaders will have specific responsibilities and the price will be subsidised by BSO.
We will aim for a one to ten ration of leaders to young people, and so are looking for around twenty five to thirty leaders, depending on numbers of Young People coming. For those not selected for BSO Central HQ, or who prefer to participate in other ways we have the following options.
BSO WINGS Volunteer Team
WINGS 2020 is only able to operate with the help of Volunteers. The Wings team “would welcome them with open arms. We’ve made good progress on recruitment, but are always on the look out for more people and there are loads of great roles they can do from joining me in the marketing and media team through to infrastructure, food services, sub-camp members, activities such as climbing and backwoods etc”
BSO Leaders training and service crew Team
BSO would like to assist in developing leaders and leadership teams, and we will endeavour to make space for leaders to participate and help. We have arranged for a training advisor to be present and would help to progress leaders through Wood Badge requirements or other training such as nights away.
During their time at WINGS additional leaders will be expected to:
- Help when asked
- Complete training
- Have fun They or their Scout Group will pay for their place as we cannot subsidise this from young people’s budget.