BSO will be holding an Area Virtual (or Real if you live in a country where the lockdown has been eased) Camp on 12th/13th(Middle East District) and 13th/14th (for other Districts) June 2020 to celebrate The Queen’s Birthday and Trooping the Colour’.
Trooping the Colour is an old ceremony but since 1748, it was decided that this parade would be used to mark the official birthday of the Sovereign and it became an annual event after George III became King in 1760. It is part of the cultural heritage and pageantry of the UK. This camp will explore the themes of our cultural heritage and those of the country in which you live.
Calling all Explorers, Scouts, Cubs and Beavers in our Groups across the World to join our Virtual/Real Camp. All you have do to is:
- Pack a Bag
- Set up your camp either in the garden, in a den inside your home or, if you are lucky enough to have had the lockdown eased in the country you live, then camping by sections or as a group.
- Sleep in your camp or den overnight – claim a Night Away!
- Assist with cooking a meal
- Prepare a campfire – real or virtual
- Take part in fun activities including:
- Building a British landmark from recycling materials
- Creating a work of art exploring either British heritage or that of the country in which you are living
- Holding your own very British Tea Party for your family
- Connecting with other BSO Scouts across the World
There will also be Leader’s Social for leaders across the Districts to connect.
As with the St George’s Day Camp prizes will be awarded.